Your face goes through many changes as you get older and produce less of the proteins responsible for youthful skin, elastin and collagen. Fat deposits in your face thin and sink with age, and your body creates less hyaluronic acid in your tissues — these inevitable parts of aging cause facial volume loss and deepening lines and wrinkles. However, you may not need invasive surgery to combat these concerns. Injectables such as Botox and Juvéderm with Dr. Arnold Breitbart can restore your youthful glow.
Botox Cosmetic for Dynamic Wrinkles
Botox is an injectable made with botulinum toxin type A, a neurotoxin that can temporarily immobilize muscles. Certain facial wrinkles, including those pesky 11s between your brows that give you an angry appearance, are formed after years of repeated facial expressions. These are called dynamic wrinkles because the underlying muscle is the culprit behind the creases. Botox targets the muscles that cause lines across the forehead, between the brows and in the outer corners of the eyes.
The injectable smoothens lines and wrinkles by preventing the muscle from moving and creasing the skin. Botox results generally last about four months, and maintenance treatments can help you enjoy the long-term anti-aging benefits.
Juvéderm and Restylane Dermal Fillers
Juvéderm and Restylane dermal fillers work to reduce signs of aging using hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a substance found naturally in your body’s tissues, particularly your eyes, joints and skin. These fillers reduce skin depressions and correct age-related volume loss in the face and can be used for lip augmentation.
Hyaluronic acid attracts water and works to maintain hydration in your skin for a younger, dewy complexion. These fillers can be used for these purposes and more:
- Juvéderm treats moderate to severe wrinkles and folds such as the nasolabial folds around the nose and mouth.
- Juvéderm Voluma XC is used for deep injection into the cheeks to restore lost volume in the mid-face and can be used for chin augmentation for a better facial profile.
- Juvéderm Vollure XC is designed for deep correction of the skin tissues for moderate to severe lines and wrinkles in the face.
- Juvéderm Volbella XC was made for lip augmentation to provide plump, supple lips and correct perioral wrinkles above the upper lip. It is also used to fill in the tear trough hollows under the eyes.
- Restylane offers mid-depth or deep skin tissue correction for facial lines and wrinkles and can be used for lip enhancement.
These hyaluronic acid fillers can give you a younger appearance for up to a year or longer, depending on the product, and are approved for adults over 21.
Fat Injections for Age-Related Volume Loss
Fat injections can be used in place of dermal fillers and use your body’s natural fat to restore lost facial volume. The fat cells are harvested from another area of your body, typically the abdomen, buttocks or another site with stubborn fat deposits and transferred to your face. The grafted fat has to rebuild a blood supply in the new location to survive in the face, but the cells that survive the transfer will last the rest of your life.
Fat grafting for facial fat injections typically has a high survival rate, but you may need multiple fat transfers to reach your desired results.
Schedule Your Consultation to Discuss Injectables
If you’re interested in the anti-aging benefits of these injectables, contact Dr. Breitbart to schedule your consultation. Email email@example.com or call (516) 365-3511 for an appointment at our Manhattan or Long Island offices.